Transform Your Body & Find Your Magic Through Tarot & Pilates
EPISODE: 15 | DATE: November 5, 2020
“Women need to remember: we are the couriers of creative life force. We are the magic makers. We have the power to transform things. But we have to use our voices, we have to stand bigger, we have to step forward . I think the strongest thing for mothers to do is to take up more space in the world, even in your own home.”
- We live in a culture that doesn’t support working mothers. It’s expensive to put children in daycare. Tandy wanted to create an online offering that would allow her to both work and be able to have enough time to spend with her two children and stepson.
- Unicorn Wellness Studio is a wellness studio that combines tarot and pilates. Members get a new workout every 3 days that are specifically formulated with the lunar cycle in mind. Members also get a new moon and a full moon tarot reading, as well as a monthly meditation.
- Pilates is a wonderful movement that can be used for both fitness and rehab. It’s a structure that can be applied to everything else. You can’t take yoga or strength and conditioning and apply it to everything else. It won’t work. But you can take pilates and apply it to everything else.
- When you to a group fitness class, there is no flow from one class into the next, no progression. So you’re getting this experience that is good for you and tends to your heart rate up and helps with balance and mobility, but there are no progressions because you have to make it accessible to everyone in the class. Because of that, it’s harder to get results.
- We live in a toxic masculine culture. And our fitness says if I don’t sweat or want to throw up it didn’t do anything. But that’s just not true.
- When Tandy begins working with clients, she pulls them off of cardio for a few months to help them reset and rebalance their hormones. This way, you work with the body, not against it. When you push too hard, you don’t get results.
- When you work within the fitness regime that pushes too hard, you effectively work against yourself, your cycle, and your personal rhythms.
- You can do less and get more results! You can workout for 30 minutes a few times a week and get amazing results.
- When Tandy began working out for only 30 minutes or less, she realized she had more energy, she felt capable and grounded again. Like she had found herself. But when she tried to push her exercise to an hour she was capsized, more exhausted, and a hot mess.
- Small changes can make a big difference. Tandy is all about tiny and mighty. So if you can get one or two 30 minute workouts in a week, great! If it’s only once or 15 minutes, that’s ok too!
- We are a creative life force. We courrier human life. We are magic as fuck. We are automatically put in the role of giver as mothers. We need to replenish through movement and meditation. And we have to stop looking at it like another to do and reframe it and ask: how can I fill up in tiny moments?
- When you feel disconnected from yourself, you have to ask: what does that mean? What is the self? It’s your soul. That heart centric space. And what is that heart centric space? It’s divine. You can call it whatever you want. But your self is really spirit because we’re just stardust in this blip of a moment in a 3D incarnation. So you’re feeling disconnected from spirit, from magic.
- That disconnect is real. We hit autopilot as moms. But the quickest way back to self is to start with the magic. What sounds nice? Movement? Pilates? Yoga? Reiki? Start there. Start with what feels good to you.
- We do a tarot reading in the final 20 minutes of the show, and Tandy pulls the Tower card, which is pluto (see photo below). Basically, 2020 is the start of a 4 year challenging cycle. 2020 is the worst of the cycle, and August and September of 2020 are the most challenging of the year.
- But there is opportunity for growth, to take apart what’s no longer working and rebuild something new.
- The Tower card is a wake up call. It starts as a whisper, then talking, then yelling, then throwing things at you to wake the eff up!
- Tandy circles back to remind us: women are the couriers of creative life force. We are the magic makers. We have the power to transform things. But we have to use our voices, we have to stand bigger, we have to step forward. The strongest thing for mothers to do is to take up more space in the world, even in your own home.
Tandy Gutierrez is the founder & creator of Unicorn Wellness. She is a busy mom, step-mom, wife, tarot reader, intuitive-psychic, and author, thriving in an autoimmune body (Celiac, thyroidectomy, IBS) with 20+ years of experience in the fitness & wellness industry. Tandy is recognized as one of the nation’s foremost Pilates experts featured in Allure, Seventeen, Self, and Elle Magazine and was the first Pilates Regional Manager for Equinox Fitness SoCal. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY with her husband, two sons, and their blue-russian cat, named Mouse, and loves espresso.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMgXBQWAJ9uppSbtmeK1FcA
Before & After Photos of me Day 1 vs Day 30
Thank you so much for listening!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Continue the conversation with us in our private Facebook Group, The Mom Feed Podcast Private FB Group, and follow us on Instagram!