Sara Rose Whaley
Finding Joy in Toddler Parenting with Behavioral Analyst and Coach, Sara Rose Whaley
EPISODE: 76 | DATE: May 26, 2022
“Holding boundaries is not about being strict or firm or forcing compliance. It’s about being kind and making your expectations clear for you and for your toddler so they don’t have to guess and you don’t have to get frustrated.”
1. How the entire family factors into toddler behavior
2. Sara’s holistic, whole family approach to toddler behavior
3. The importance of self care as a main parenting strategy
4. Mom guilt (as a drain on your energy and making your parenting less effective)
5. Feeling confident in your parenting choices
6. Teaching toddlers to listen
7. How changing your behavior can change your toddler’s behavior
8. How do handle apologies
9. How to handle hitting/biting/kicking
10. How to use the word NO effectively
As a parent coach, Sara Rose Whaley helps families increase their joy during the toddler stage. She addresses all the components that affect this including: marriage dynamics, mom guilt and burnout, and toddler behavior strategies. She has over 15 years of experience working with families, including those with neurodiverse children. She is currently fully living the toddler stage with her 2 kids: ages 4 and 2.
Resources mentioned in this episode
Byron Katie – The Work
Thank you so much for listening!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Continue the conversation with us in our private Facebook Group, The Mom Feed Podcast Private FB Group, and follow us on Instagram!