Love Powered Co
Harnessing the Power of Affirmations in Childhood with Mama Founders Anna Lozano & Lindy Sood
EPISODE: 34 | DATE: March 18, 2021
“We’re doing the work to undo certain things and programming and things in our life. What if our children were raised on affirmations and mindfulness? What if this was their foundation?”
- Anna Lozano and Lindy Sood met in 2015 and became fast friends. They bonded over motherhood and their use of personal development tools to overcome challenges in their lives.
- They both came to self development tools in different ways. Lindy suffered from debilitating anxiety and panic disorder and was told it wasn’t something she would overcome. She used self development tools to shift her mindset and begin to shift away from anxiety. It worked.
- Anna used affirmations when she became a mom to ground and center herself, particularly during that first year of motherhood when she was having trouble with the transition.
- Both Anna and Lindy know how powerful language is, and how important it is to catch yourself in a negative talk pattern or spiral.
- Upon meeting, Anna and Lindy shared their stories and asked a very important question: What if our children learned the tools of self development and affirmations like we learned in our 20s and 30s, but right now, in their childhood?
- They began to search for tools for children in this space, and they couldn’t find any.
- They realized there was a hole in the marketplace for affirmation tools for kids and they set out to create a company around that.
- Their first product was called Love Powered Littles. They were affirmation cards for kids.
- They launched their business on Kickstarter in 2017. They were fully funded within 18 hours! They had doubled their ask within 30 days.
- The Love Powered Co affirmation cards use I AM statements to help shift mindset into a more positive state.
- The idea with using affirmations for little ones is that as adults, we have to do a lot of work to undo the programming that is destructive to positive self-talk. So if you can introduce your children to these concepts at a young age, you avoid having to deprogram any negative patterns as adults (to the extent that you can, of course, barring other life events).
- Love Powered Co now offers affirmation cards to both adults and children. They are a way to bring the tools of positive self talk to everyday life.
- Anna and Lindy are very clear that these cards are meant to be used as tools, not for toxic positivity. They aren’t suggesting that you can “I AM” yourself out of a bad state, like depression or other very serious mental health conditions. If you feel like you are suffering silently and cannot get yourself out of it, please seek help from a medical professional.
- These cards are more about shifting your state, and reaching for the next highest vibration or feeling. They are meant to be used as a tool to shift mindset.
- Life is always going to throw you challenges, no matter what. The affirmation cards are meant to be used as a tool to bounce back quicker and more sustainably than you may otherwise be able to.
- The cards can bring you into the present moment when you use them as mantras and repeat your I AM statements over and over again.
- For first time moms in particular, these affirmation cards can be very helpful tools in shifting mindset. But Anna and Lindy also suggest using other tools to help a new mama get to the next best feeling. Like hiring help with cleaning, sleeping, etc. Talking to friends or your partner. Doing essentially anything that helps you feel even the slightest bit better and supported. That includes using affirmation cards too.
- Also, don’t stuff down your feelings. If you are feeling angry or sad, Anna and Lindy advocate feeling those feelings and doing what you need to do: cry or yell or whatever you need to. Once you’ve allowed the feelings to move through you, then you can reach for an affirmation card to help you.
- The way the Love Powered Co affirmation cards work is that on the front of the card, it asks, “What is your power?” And on the back of the card is what your affirmation is for the day, along with a few questions about a time in your life when you felt that way.
- For example, if confidence is your affirmation for the day, there might be a question about recalling a time in your life when you felt confident. This brings you into that state and makes the affirmation more powerful.
About Anna & Lindy
Anna Lozano and Lindy Sood are Founders and CEO’s of Love Powered Co., the affirmation company. They are moms on a mission to power the next generation of mindful leaders and make I AM affirmations common practice in homes around the world. Their affirmations have been seen on The Marilyn Denis Show, Breakfast Television, Fox News, available at large retailers like Indigo and Well.ca and enjoyed by influencers and celebrities including Jillian Harris, Sarah Landry of The Birds Papaya, Jessica Alba, Jaime King, Jully Black, Cheryl Hickey amongst many others!